SALAD SHIRAZI (PERSIAN TOMATO CUCUMBER SALAD)
Persian Salad Shirazi is the ultimate tomato cucumber salad with fresh herbs. A refreshing, easy, healthy, low calorie, low carb, crisp and flavorful salad that is a total winner!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 7 (1 cup portion)
Sharp Chef's Knife
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 clove garlic small, grated
- 1 tbsp dried mint or 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper optional
- 1 pound Persian or English cucumbers organic
- 1 pound roma tomatoes firm
- 1/3 red onion medium, diced small
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley flat-leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, grated garlic, dried mint, salt and pepper to prepare the salad dressing.
Rinse vegetables and pat dry with paper towel. The herbs can be run through a salad spinner before chopping. The cucumbers may be peeled to leave alternate strips on it.
Dice the tomatoes and cucumbers into 1/4 inch pieces.Tip: You may deseed and drain the juices from halved tomatoes before chopping.
Place chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and fresh herbs in a large salad bowl.
Drizzle salad dressing all over the vegetables.
Toss well and adjust seasoning as per taste. Serve chilled preferably.
- Choose fresh, firm and crisp vegetables in the peak of season.
- Drain salad juices if you prefer.
- If using regular cucumbers, choose organic and deseed them.
- Make Ahead: combine vegetables with herbs and refrigerate. Add salad dressing right before serving.
- Storage: Refrigerate leftovers for up to 2 days.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg